Fifteen Cats by Judi Kauffman


Thank you for inviting me to be a guest designer, Bibi. Fifteen Cats began when I got carried away stamping, coloring, and cutting out the Night Cat image. Before I knew it I had a big batch of fast and easy projects.

Use your imagination when you color the cats. They can be realistic and resemble cats you've known and loved, or go for whimsical dots, stripes, or plaid!






Add some Glitter Dots Peel-offs for sparkly stars, some pen doodling to create more detail, and Cat’s Eye Stickers for bright, dimensional eyes. Refer to the photos for ideas. Mix it up with lots of layering (patterned paper and solid color cardstock), stamped sentiments and pre-printed stickers. Do some fussy-cutting (example: the card with five cats and 3 stars). The projects include cards, tags, and a bookmark. Cards range in size from 3.25” to 4” (8,25 x 10,15 cm) and 4.25" x 5.5" (10,8 x 14 cm), to a generous 4.25” x 10.5” (10,8 x 26,7 cm). Believe it or not, I plan to keep going: Ornaments, calendars, place cards – there are endless options. Who says you have to stop at only fifteen!












All the stamps used for these projects are from Rubber Dance, www.rubberdance.com.
Cat: 
http://rubberdance.com/celestial.html

Other:
#7018 Glitter Dots Peel-offs (Elizabeth Craft Designs, www.ecraftdesigns.com). 
ProMarkers (Letraset).
7MM Cat’s Eye Stickers in Yellow (Stanislaus Imports, www.lasioux.com).
Gelly Roll Medium in White and Pigma Micron 01 in Black (Sakura of America). 

Patterned papers (Webster’s Pages, Prima).
Pre-printed stickers and chipboard arrows (Webster’s Pages).
Inks in colors of choice.
.25” (63 mm) hole punch, scissors, ribbon or fibers for tags.
To find the stamps used in this article, and many more, visit the Rubber Dance website: www.rubberdance.com

You can meet us on Facebook - come on over and say hi!


Comments

Anonymous said…
Fantastic cards, Judi Kauffman
Cherry Pie said…
Wow! hard to choose one! I love them all!!
TwinkleToes2day said…
Woahh!! Such a lot of inspiration! I love a site that has so many acheivable ideas for those of us (me) not quite accomplished enough to do all the fancy layering with die cuts and whatnots I see all around. And I have the stamp to get going, too, yay me!! :D
Judi Kauffman said…
Thank you for such great comments! I had a great time making the projects and I think it shows...I am a firm believer in this motto: Easy Isn't Cheating. The cards that have no added doodling took only a couple of minutes. Color, cut, layer, add a sticker for the sentiment - DONE. Even the ones with added doodling weren't complicated. And the one with five cats was simple as well. Just a bit more time to stamp the sentiments and add narrow borders.
I like how they are all colored differently and those cat eyes look great. My favorite are the tags.
Unknown said…
I really appreciate it when people take the time to say something about the posts on my blog, so a BIG thanks from me to you all for doing that! I LOVE Judi's projects and it's so fun to see how many different things she made with that one cat stamp from my line. Thank you once again, Judi!! HUGS all around.
XOX
Quietfire said…
Oh, wow! I love them all! Adorable stamp! lol! trust Judi to get on a roll - can we call her the quirky cat lady now? Never a dull moment!
Unknown said…
LOL, "quirky cat lady" sounds appropriate! I know she's a dog person (as am I), but we dog lovers do love quirky cat stamps, that's for sure!
XOX
ionabunny said…
Oh these are all adorable and so different looking. I love quick, but rarely achieve it LOL. Love these. Hugz

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!