Get Christmas Organised by Katy



While I do like Christmas, I have to admit that I am not a big fan of the fuss and planning in the run up! So for my project this month I've tried to ease that pain a little with an easy-to-make planner which can be re-used every year.

Now, I know a lot of people use their mobiles for this kind of thing, but I am also sure there are plenty like me who find you can't beat paper and pen for planning stuff!


The basis of my book is mini envelopes with tags slipped inside (hence you can re-use it just by replacing the tags) - I used a die for my envelopes but you can just as easily buy some small envelopes from a craft store or stationers, or create them using a score board.

Stamp a selection of envelopes with Christmas stamps in embossing ink and emboss in white.

Colour the images with Twinkling H20s - the embossed lines allow you to do this without obscuring the stamping

Once you've finished painting, assemble the envelopes and ink the edges.

Glue patterned paper to kraft card then add the envelopes. Stick pairs of pages together with washi or craft tape in a design to match your paper.

When you've assembled the required number of pages, glue a piece of ribbon to the back cover. Cover the ribbon with patterned paper. Also cover the front with patterned paper.

Once the ribbon and patterned paper is in place, use several strips of washi tape to bind the spine of the book.

Glue the ribbon down on the front with a strip of decorative tape underneath. Add a stamped and painted bow and painted word 'wish' to complete the book. It can be tied closed with the ribbon.

See you soon,
Katy x

I used these delish Rubber Dance stamps:

Cozy Christmas

Affirmations

Comments

Majo said…
This is so beautiful, dear Katy. I always wanted to make one and never got around to realizing it :( Love, love it <3 .... and those colours: Yummy :)
Bibi Lindahl said…
Stunningly beautiful and a very good idea, Katy! Like you, I prefer pen and paper for all my planning and to-do lists, etc. I love the white on kraft. Good tip about the Twinkling H2o's when painting embossed images.
Thank you for a great tutorial and awesome project!! Love those stamps :-)
♥♥♥
Craftyfield said…
Well... we can't stamp/emboss our mobiles can we? and this is much prettier! Love the shine from the Twinkling H2O!
Julie S said…
What a lovely little planner! As someone who fries her mobile once a year I can definitely attest to the need for pen and paper. ;)
Unknown said…
I've seen some people do it!!! I can't quite bring myself to risk a £500 piece of kit!
Unknown said…
Yay a fellow luddite!
So stylish... but I'm afraid I'm organised neither virtually nor actually!
Alison x
Karen Petitt said…
That's gorgeous! I am not organised for Christmas or any other occasion! Am trying very hard to organise my craft room though lol! I do love to make lists on the computer but more often on paper with pen and love to tick those pesky items off lol! TFS Katy - love it Karen x
Susanne Rose said…
Great planner!!! I love the white embossing together with the gold!!! So pretty!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!