Walking in a Winter Wonderland - Card and Tutorial by Majo

Hello, my crafty friends, I'm here today to show you a card made for this beautiful season.


I started with white cardstock, die cut snowflakes, Gesso, Napkin Varnish and Distress Spray Stain *Picket Fence* and *Stormy Sky*. I used the varnish to glue the snowflakes to the card and applied some gesso to make the surface a little smoother. I sprayed with Distress Stains.

 To give it a more frosty look I added embossing powder, but brushed most of it off again, I wanted just a bit of shimmer, I show you a close up ....



I stamped my sentiment on vellum and heat embossed it.


The Poinsettias were cut from burlap, I added a little button and some twine to finish my "frosty" card.


Have a wonderful time and I hope you find enough time to craft!

 Stamp set from Rubber Dance:
Winter Wonderland




Don't forget about the 15% discount code you'll get on your next order
in the Rubber Dance Online Store using "majo2015"

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Majo! That's really interesting how you made the background look like that - I have to try the same, because it turned out really cool! Love the burlap poinsettia you made.
♥♥♥
A wonderful card, Majo!
Hugs, Anita ♥
Craftyfield said…
Between the texture of the snowflakes and the shine of the embossing the background is too gorgeous to hide under tons of embellishments and the single poinsettia is perfect.
Karen Petitt said…
Gorgeous! TFS, I Learn't a lot from this Karen x

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!