Sunday, May 21, 2017

A Card Full Of Carrots

Hello.  Welcome.  Gail from the design team here with some more bunny fun.  I am just in love with this cute Bonny Bunny and decided he deserved carrots.  Lots of carrots!!





I started by stamping and masking the bunny and cutting some masks for the large carrot.



Here I have stamped some of the carrots and you can see the masks in place on some of them.  I have used Mowed Lawn and Spiced Marmalade distress inks to stamp the carrots.



All carrots present and correct.


I removed the masks and started colouring the carrots with Spiced Marmalade distress and my waterbrush.  


Then I coloured the greenery.  I used Stormy Sky distress ink for the bunny.  I filled in any white gaps with green or orange, whichever seemed most appropriate.  

  
I stamped the sentiment from Something Wonderful, but I changed crayons to carrots!!  I was only missing the 't', which I drew in, trying to match the font of the other letters.  Then I stamped the happy birthday from Beautiful WordsTo finish I added a green mat and used the orange ink to tint my hammered texture card base.   

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you have time to join the current 



My blog Crafty Nomad

Bonny Bunny is joining the fun at
Fashionable Stamping Challenges Challenge 123 - Let's Go Wild 
Allsorts Challenge Week 416 - Happy Birthday 
Scrappelyst Utfordring for Mai - Feiring
Deep Ocean Challenge 155 - Our Furry/Feathered Friends 

12 comments:

  1. This is SO cool, Gail! I love this card.
    I wish you a wonderfull and sunny sunday.
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bunny stamp is so perfect for you, Gail! Your card is great fun and very creative too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Gail, I love your card, and thanks for the colouring tips - I wouldn't have thought of Stormy Sky but it is perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute and funny! Love what you did with the sentiment, very clever!
    Thank you so much, Gail! ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such fun Gail and love the fresh zingy colours, it's just perfect for our 8th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts challenge, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again Gail, totally missed Fashionable Stamping Challenges in your post so just popped back to thank you for joining us there.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha ha absolutely brilliant, I'm in love with this card :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, beautiful stamping and colours.
    Thank you for joining in our 8th Birthday celebrations at
    Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card Gail! Awesome how you've created that background. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gail. I love this bunny every time I see him! I love how you have used the masking technique so effectively for the carrots (one of my favourite techniques). And you have been so clever with the changing of the words - love it!
    Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this month.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card!
    Thank you for participating in our challenge at Scrappelyst!

    DT Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! ♥