Vintage Tags

Hello everyone! It's guest designer Ashley here again, and today I am sharing two coordinating tags I made with the Travel stamp set and the Beach stamp set. These stamps remind me of vintage, muted, kind of messy things so I tried my hand at something not normally my style.





For my first tag, I used a mask + misting on the background. The beautiful blue mist reminded me of the ocean. I stamped the sea shell stamps on the tag and heat embossed them with gold. Then I used a navy ink to stamp the sentiment a few times on a piece of patterned paper. I misted with gold and then cut it out in bits and pieces. Of course I heat embossed around the edges of my card with metallic blue embossing powder.






For my next tag, I wanted it to coordinate with the vintage/travel theme but not be too matchy matchy. So for this one I blended distress ink for the background. I used walnut stain + antique linen distress inks which blend so beautifully and I think make the perfect combo for an antiqued finish. Then I used white embossing powder on the stamp with the man standing on the shoreline and I stamped the sentiment with StazOn ink. I stamped the compass with the same walnut stain ink and added a pop dot. For the 'Carte Postal' stamp I used the stamping off technique where you ink up your stamp and then stamp off on a scrap piece of paper. Without re-inking, you stamp again on your project. It creates a more subtle effect.



​​

I hope you've enjoyed these projects! Thanks so much Bibi for allowing me to work with your beautiful stamps!

Ashley

To find the stamps used for these tags, and many, many more, please visit the Rubber Dance website: www.rubberdance.com


Comments

Majo said…
I go vintage anytime and I love your creations!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you so much for guest designing for us, Ashley! I think the tags turned out really cool - I love that vintage look! And of course your "signature" - the embossed edges, it's such a nice detail! :-)
XOX
Craftyfield said…
Both tags are lovely, the thin embossed edge works well.
Artatag said…
Wonderful tags, love ´em!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!