Vintage Canvas and Tutorial


Hello Everyone,
Shilpa here and today I am back as a Guest Designer !!

I've created Canvas with Rubber Dance Retro Couple stamp.




Let's see the making process...


I've used a 8'' x 6" canvas here. First I attached torn book pages, flowers diecuts and washi tape on the surface with gel medium.
Next I applied Prima modeling paste through Tim Holtz Gothic stencil. Let it all dry completely. On that I applied thin coat of white gesso, as I wanted to see all the texture in the background.



I used lots of Distress paints to get that vintage look.



I stamped texture, text, couple image with Rubber Dance stamps and Archival inks. 


I added few more layers of tags, tickets and design papers...my canvas was ready!

Hope you liked it!

Thanks so much Bibi and Team for this opportunity!!

Thanks everyone for stopping by!


Products Used:
Rubber Dance Stamps - Retro Couple, Diamonds/ HarlequinText
Distress Paints - Antique Linen, Picket fence, Peacock feathers, pumice stone, Fryed burlap
Prima Modeling paste
Tim Holtz Gothic stencil


About Guest Designer Shilpa Nagaonkar:






My name is Shlipa and I live in Bangalore in India. I painted since childhood. Originally I am a card maker, hooked to Mixed media couple of years back. And now creating journal pages and playing with mixed medias is my passion. Usually my creations are vibrant, Lively and colorful. My art keeps me sane. Apart from art I am a voracious reader and enjoy cooking! 
My blog: nagaonkarshilpa.blogspost.in





Click here to visit the

Comments

Suman Pandit said…
Fabulous canvas Shilpa !! love the vintage feel !!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you so much, Shilpa! This is a great tutorial - the steps look very easy to follow, even for beginners. I LOVE how you create all that texture and it sure got a vintage look with the paints on top. Fabulous! I also love all the layers on top and the Retro Couple stamp as the focal point. Well done! Thanks again for wanting to Guest Design for me!! Love your work!
♥♥♥
Just gorgeous your Canvas Shilpa! Great tutorial!
Majo said…
Great tutorial and a beautiful result, dear Shilpa ♥
Majo said…
For some reason I can't visit your blog, Shilpa :(
Bibi Lindahl said…
My bad!!! There was a typo in the link. I have fixed it now. So sorry about that!
Thank you for making me aware of it, Majo!
Thank you so much everyone for kind words!! :) :)
Unknown said…
Love the vintage look of this canvas!
Artatag said…
This is a great piece Shilpa! Love your assemblage! ❤️❤️
Stunning canvas Shilpa.
Julie x
Sammy said…
This is gorgeous! x
Unknown said…
Such a fun background to do and it turned out so unique and lovely Shilpa. Love the way you used the Rubber Dance Stamps. Super fine tutorial too. Lovely creation!. j.
Michele said…
Shilpa, it is gorgeous! xo
ionabunny said…
Ooh, yummy texture. That Retro Couple stamp is so cool. Gorgeous canvas. Hugz

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!