Birthday Card by Susanne

Hi my dear crafty friends.

Susanne writing today and I like to share this birthday card. It was for my father in law. He goes fishing to Norway every year. So nothing would have been better than a fishy card created with norwegian Rubber Stamps!
I stamped the two fishes from the "Something Fishy" set with jet black Archival Ink and covered it with masking fluid. As soon as the fluid was dry I created the background with Distress Inks. I picked Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon. I used a piece of acetate to apply the color onto my background. First I pressed the ink pad onto my craft mat, added a little bit of water and picked the color up with the acetate. So I have more control instead of laying the paper directly onto the color.
I added the fish-hook with a black fine liner.

My little fishes are colored with Twinkling H2Os. Unfortunately it's doesn't look shimmery on the photo. I used the sentiment from the Happy Birthday set.

Thanks for stopping by today. Susanne xx.

Stamp sets from Rubber Dance:
Something Fishy
Happy Birthday

You will get 15% discount  on your next order in the Rubber Dance Online Store when you enter "susanne2016" during checkout.


Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Love your card, Susanne! It couldn't be a more perfect one for your father-in-law! How cool that he goes to Norway to fish every year! I wish him "Skitt fiske", as we say here, which really makes no sense as it means "shitty fishing"! It's from back in the days when people were superstitious and thought any good luck wishes would give you bad luck instead, so the Norwegian "shitty fishing" is much like the English expression "break a leg".
Anyway - love your card and the way you made the background. Good idea to use acetate to get more control of the ink! I have to try that. Thank you!
♥♥♥
Craftyfield said…
They really look like fish in water, the effect is very good. Great tip with the acetate Susanne.
Mac Mable said…
Thank you for the tip on the acetate. Love the colours you've used and the fish stamps are just perfect for you father-in-law. Thank you for the inspiration.
Gerrina said…
Looks so real the background; a fun technique!
ionabunny said…
I bet those fish look really shimmery in the real. What a great idea to colour them with twinkling h2o's. Love this card. Hugz

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!