Doggy Day Dreams



Hello crafty friends! 
Here is my second guest designer piece to share and I have to confess to getting a little carried away but having great fun at the same time. Using the {Affirmations} stamp set it is easy to spark your imagination and be taken in a direction you may not normally take. For me it was drawing. I draw very little, because I'm not very good at it as you can see, that's why I buy stamps ;) 
The words dream and dreamer are inspirational to me and I was initially going to do something John Lennon inspired but my best furry friend Poppy became my muse as I watched her sleeping in my art room. I often craft to sound track of Poppy snoring!
I started off this project with an 8in x 8in piece of mount board and added some texture paste through various stencils to add some texture, when this was dry I gave it a coat of black gesso, then where I was going to add colour I painted white gesso. This keeps the colours nice and bright and really pop off the black background. Whilst the paint was drying I drew the dream bubble, bones and the pink dog and coloured with paint and Prismacolour pencils. To add layers to the background I dabbed some white paint though a circle stencil and stamped the word 'dream...' randomly. I adhered the dream bubble, dog and her bones in place. Final touches were stamping over the dog's heart and adding the word 'dreamer', which was 'dream' and 'e' and 'r', stamped on white card and then glossy accents applied over the top.


Some glitter and white spots with a Posca paint pen were the last things I did.
The paints I used are: Martha Stewart: Raspberry Ice and Blue Sky and Claudine Hellmuth Studio: Purple Palette.
I do hope you like it!
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you so much, Sam! I adore your dog drawing and the colourful bones are awesome! Love all the texture you've added in the back and how the black gesso shows through some of the paint. Nice touch, spelling "dreamer" by using the e and r again at the end. So glad you wanted to GD once more! ♥ ♥ ♥
Majo said…
Too cute ♥
Sue said…
This is adorable!
Corrie Herriman said…
So cute ! Congrats on your Rubber Dance gig !
Corrie x
ionabunny said…
What a fun piece. Love the bright colours and texture. Cute dog. Hugz
Sue said…
This is brilliant Sam, I love your background, and your drawing is fab!
Sam & Poppy said…
Thanks for all the lovely comments ladies :) :) :)
Lynne Moncrieff said…
Sam, this is just so fabulous! I can just see Poppy give you lots of kissing as she woke up from her dreams and saw this piece of art, with her as your Muse. Love the colours and I could definitely see your drawing of Poppy turned into a stamp.
Wishes
Lynne

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!