Recycled Can

Hello.  Welcome.  Gail from the design team here today with an environmentally friendly recycling project.  I have used a can to make a place to store my Sizzix decorative strip dies.   



Ta dah!!  I love practical art.  



You need a large can.  Like the ones fruit salad comes in.  I painted the inside black.   



I stamped Rubber Dance Vintage Ads on a piece of white paper 11 x 33cm. 



Between the large stamps I used the smaller corset stamp and Vintage Script around the edge.



I masked the stamps and used Memory Box Shine stencil with VersaMark Red Gold Rocket chalk.





I attached it to the can with double sided tape. 



 I was inspired by Vickie's tutorial to make my own 'washi tape'.  I used red, white and black acrylic paint and stamps from Rubber Dance Retro Beach.  


I stuck my tape around the top edge and added some black lace around the base of the tin.  I stamped Rubber Dance The Shopper three times, coloured them, fussy cut and stuck them around the can.


Just for fun I stamped the spiral from Round in Circles and utgÃ¥ttpÃ¥dato (this means 'out of date' in Norwegian) from Norwegian Funny Birthday and stuck it to the bottom of the tin.  I used a piece of black wool around the edge. 



The challenge at Rubber Dance this month is to make something with black and white and one other colour.  Bibi says we can use shades of the same colour.  Does red and light red aka pink count Bibi?  The theme (love and romance) is optional.  We want to see your black and white plus one other colour creations. 

Thanks for dropping by.  
All stamps are from Rubber Dance 

My blog https://craftynomad.blogspot.no

Joining the fun at: 

Things to Alter August Challenge - AG 
MFP Stamps July Blog Hop 
Stampotique Designers Challenge 254 - Text Background 

Comments

Holy macarony, Gail! Or should I say Fishballs?... :) This thin Box was awesome! I love it!
Hugs, Anita ♥
Dotty Jo said…
Wow, fabulous creation - I love it! Jo x
Mac Mable said…
Such a fun idea...Love it!
Julie S said…
Wowza! I love repurposed art projects and you'll get to enjoy this all the time too. Bonus! Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge.
Gail said…
Fabulous idea - thank you for entering the MFPSS Blog Hop challenge - best wishes on the draw enjoy your day!
Craftyfield said…
Gorgeous Gail! I love recycled things... all my craft storage is from recycled items.
G Peplow said…
Excellent use of a tin, great recycling, love how it turned out :D Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designers Challenge :D
Kathi said…
I love when art meets practicality! Wonderful job upcycling the can!

Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!
Sternenglanz said…
your recycling tin box is so wonderful! great work :)

thank you for joining us at the Stampotique Designer Challenge. :)

Sternenglanz x

Sam & Poppy said…
Beautiful!
Thanks so much for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)
I love this idea and your project is great! Love the washi tape! Thanks for joining us at MFP Blog Hop tutorial challenge!
hugs
Vickie Y said…
Beautiful washi tape! Love the way you used it! Thank you for using my tutorial and participating in the MFP Blog Hop Challenge.
Corrie Herriman said…
Great idea ! Thank you for joining us over at Stampotique !
Corrie x
This N That said…
I always love a good re-purpose! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampotique!
What a wonderful post and fabulous outcome. Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique
Jools Robertson said…
Fabulous Concept and finished piece!
Thank you for taking part in the Stampotique Challenge

Jools x
Creepy Glowbugg said…
Super lovely tin can make-over!!!
Thank you for joining us at Stampotique.
*Arwen* said…
Very cool idea! Looks great!
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique :)

xx Arwen

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!